HAPPY NEW YEAR!
We hope that your holidays were all you wished them to be! We’re looking forward to a good year throughout the Port Clinton area, and hope that we’ll see many of you enjoying the beauty of our lakeshore, including, of course, the lighthouse, boathouse and the many improvements in and around them. We’re currently closed for tours for the season, but will let you know as soon as we reopen.
Meanwhile, please join us at our PCLC Keepers Lunch/Program/Annual Meeting on Sunday, January 26, 2020, at 12:30 p.m. This well-attended event will take place at the Port Clinton Elks, at 231 Buckeye Blvd. The program presentation will be on The Future of the Lighthouse Area. If you’re not yet a Keeper, you’ll want to become one after attending this lunch program. Reservations, at $25 per person attending, can be made by sending your check, noting the names of attendees, to PCLC, P.O. Box 389, Port Clinton, OH 43452, as soon as possible. Please include your email address, or phone number, if you prefer. We look forward to seeing many new faces!
- Our online store is open (click on SHOP at the top of the page) and ready for shopping! The physical store will be located in the Boathouse (see below) and information regarding hours is forthcoming. A wide variety of items is available online from which to choose gifts–or a little something for yourself! Lilly and Gert’s, on 2nd St., and Unique, on Madison St., both in downtown Port Clinton, have some PCLC items for sale at this time. All proceeds from your purchases support the PC Lighthouse Conservancy and its place within our historic community on the Lake Erie waterfront. Please call or send a message with any questions or suggestions.
- What’s going on at the Lighthouse now: The Lighthouse has received a new coat of paint on the exterior; paved pathways connecting the Lighthouse, Boathouse, and main parking areas are constructed; and other landscaping features at the north end of the area are completed. The wetland abatement/improvement project has significantly impacted our progress, but the overall result will be very positive. Thank you for your support, as these enhancements could not be done without YOU!
- For those traveling to Port Clinton and wishing to visit the Lighthouse, enter Port Clinton Lighthouse (or 421 E. Perry St.) into your GPS or digital map.
- WANT TO BE A KEEPER OF THE PORT CLINTON LIGHTHOUSE? Click here for a membership form. Why not join the Keepers of the Port Clinton Lighthouse and get periodic updates, early notice of openings, special deals, and, most importantly, tangibly demonstrate your support? Become a Keeper of the Port Clinton Lighthouse! Your friends and neighbors have! Click here to see a current list of Keepers.
- If you are visiting Port Clinton and want your Lighthouse Passport stamped, the Port Clinton Chamber of Commerce, located on Madison St., will be able to stamp it for you Monday through Friday. In addition, Lilly & Gert’s, located on 2nd St. across from the Post Office, will have a stamp, and they’re available during the weekend as well as during the week. Be certain to visit these two fine businesses and other merchants in downtown Port Clinton.