2017 Tour Schedule
2017 Port Clinton Lighthouse Tour Schedule [ download PDF ]
The Port Clinton Lighthouse is the last remaining timber frame pier light on Lake Erie. Once common on our inland seas, only four of these unique structures remain on the Great Lakes today. In operation from 1896 to 1952, the Port Clinton Lighthouse has been fully restored to its original condition, thanks to a dedicated group of local volunteers.
Lighthouse lovers everywhere now have a rare opportunity to roam the interior of this unique structure while knowledgeable docents explain the importance of the pier light to local navigation and the important duties performed by the lighthouse keepers of yesteryear. You’ll climb the wooden spiral staircase to the lantern room and view the fully functioning fifth-order Fresnel lens, then walk out onto the gallery deck for a spectacular view of Lake Erie and its famous islands.
Your visit to the North Coast will not be complete until you visit this rare and beautiful lighthouse.
2017 PORT CLINTON LIGHTHOUSE TOUR SCHEDULE (All tour times are Noon until 4pm unless otherwise noted).
REGULAR TOUR DATES
- Each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from May 26 thru September 3
SPECIAL TOUR DATES
- May 29 (Memorial Day)
- July 4 (Independence Day)
- September 4 (Labor Day)
- October 14 (Marblehead Lighthouse Festival)
- Port Clinton Lighthouse Festival, Saturday, August 5, 11am to 5pm
- To schedule a group tour, send an email to Contact@portclintonlighthouse.org or letter to PCLC, P.O. Box 389, Port Clinton, OH 43452.