- Click here for a complete 2018 Port Clinton Lighthouse Tour schedule.
- The Lighthouse will be open for tours ($3) from noon through 4PM this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Keepers can come any time you wish at no cost, just let us know by sending us an email through the contact us part of this website.
- BIG THANK YOU to Minderman’s Marine for the donation of the hand crafted metal railings that now allow easier access to the Lighthouse. The hand railings perfectly match the original railings that are on the cupola. We will update our Festival Poster for next year.
- Mark Saturday, August 4, 2018 on your calendar for the second annual Port Clinton Lighthouse Festival.
- We had a very successful first season with over 1,500 visitors taking a tour and certainly ten times that number coming specifically to visit the site. We are now closed for regular tours BUT, if you are a Keeper (Click here to see a list of Keepers to date.) and perhaps have family or out-of-town guests visiting, we would be happy to open the lighthouse and provide your group/family a tour (allow one half hour), however cold it may be. Simply send a note using the contact us link and we can make arrangements to open the lighthouse for you. We really appreciate the Keepers as they allow the Lighthouse to exist.
- Stay tuned for additional information about the development of the Lighthouse Park area and specifically the placement of a 100% replica Boathouse (from original plans unearthed at the National Archives) on Derby Pond.
- We thank the City of Port Clinton Mayor and Council for their continued support.
- I WANT TO BE A KEEPER OF THE PORT CLINTON LIGHTHOUSE, Click here for a membership form. Why not join the Keepers of the Port Clinton Lighthouse and get periodic updates, early notice of openings, special “deals”, and, most importantly, tangibly demonstrate your support by becoming a Keeper of the Port Clinton Lighthouse. Your friends and neighbors have. Click here to see a list of Keepers to date.
- If you are visiting Port Clinton and want your Lighthouse Passport stamped, the Port Clinton Chamber of Commerce, located on Madison St., will be able to stamp it for you Monday through Friday. In addition, Lily & Gert’s, located on 2nd St. across from the Post Office, will have a stamp and they are available during the weekend as well as during the week. Visit Lily & Gert’s and other merchants in downtown Port Clinton.
- THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. A letter in a Beacon and News Herald refers to the list of those who have contributed to the restoration and placement of the lighthouse. Click here to see the list. Our gratitude, many times over. Two names to add to the BIG THANKS lists are Mark Coppeler (Coppeler Heating and Cooling) for donating MANY hours of labor toward the installation of electrical work for the lighthouse and to Keith Heileman for donating MANY hours of labor in arranging, re-arranging, and re-arranging yet again the landscaping stones around the lighthouse.
Thank You Gill Construction
Photo by Nike Mendenhall
What a terrific job done by Gill Construction on MOVE Day. The Conservancy has learned from Ray Brooks, owner of Gill Construction, that the MOVE was a gift to Port Clinton and the Lighthouse Conservancy and there will be no charge for the barge, the truck, the outstanding personnel, the efficiency, the detail, the everything. This is a significant and much appreciated contribution to this community effort. They now join our list of Charter Members of the Keepers of the Port Clinton Lighthouse, all of whom have donated a minimum of $1,000 to restore and place the Port Clinton Lighthouse back on the shores of Lake Erie. For a list of Charter members to date, please click here.
Photos (above) and slideshow (right) by Geoffrey Mendenhall, Click here to see full slideshow.
From MOVE day, 8/16/16
End of a Perfect Day
Photo by Jordan Davenport
Also, Check out this video — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQGFK2NLjg