- Please note: The Port Clinton Lighthouse is in a city park that has plenty of nearby parking and a visit to the area is always welcome. It is easy to maintain proper distance and to be safe. We had planned to open the Lighthouse for visitors in the afternoon on Memorial Day and each Saturday afternoon until Labor Day. Due to limited space within the Lighthouse it seems unlikely at this time that we will be able to responsibly offer tours. Please watch this spot for updates and feel free to send us a message through this website.
The Port Clinton Lighthouse & Maritime Festival
May 25, 2020
In the interest of slowing the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and with particular concern for the health of our festival family, the performers, staff, and our community, it is with deep sadness that we are canceling our Port Clinton Lighthouse and Maritime Festival for 2020. The Lighthouse Board of Directors are choosing to be proactive at this time, given Governor DeWine’s Executive Order and the CDC’s recommendation’s that large events and mass gathering be cancelled or postponed.
Next year’s Port Clinton Lighthouse & Maritime Festival will take place on Saturday, August 21, 2021.
As previously announced, paid vendor contracts have been refunded.
Thank you for your understanding and support. Follow us on social media to stay up-to-date and look for a new lighthouse virtual tour coming soon.
We look forward to seeing you next year to celebrate. Should you have any questions, you can call our Festival Committee Chair, Toni Garrett, at 419.341.1610 or Clair Jeremy at 419.344.4486.
Rich Norgard, President
- Click on SHOP at the top of the page and get ready for shopping! The store will be located in the Boathouse (see below) and information regarding hours is forthcoming. A wide variety of items is available online from which to choose gifts–or a little something for yourself! When they reopen, Lilly and Gert’s, on 2nd St., and Unique, on Madison St., in downtown Port Clinton, will once again have some PCLC items for sale at this. All proceeds from your purchases support the PC Lighthouse Conservancy and its place within our historic community on the Lake Erie waterfront. Please call or send a message with any questions or suggestions.
- Our plan at this time, dependent upon limiting factors, of course, is to work on abatement of continued flooding at the south end of Derby Pond. Only after we’ve accomplished that can we begin the project connecting the Jefferson and Adams parking lots, Boathouse, Lighthouse, and 1812 Memorial on Perry Street to a handicapped-accessible path circling Derby Pond. Because of membership support and ongoing help through the Stensen Fund, we should complete this in 2020.
- We’ve received sponsorship ($2500) for all but one of five benches to be installed along the path. If you would like to sponsor that fifth bench, please contact us.
- Please continue to check here for information regarding the Lighthouse area development and hours. Meanwhile, as you drive past the Lighthouse, look to its light as a true beacon of hope for all of us, as we work toward the time when life is again moving forward.
- For those traveling to Port Clinton and wishing to visit the Lighthouse, enter Port Clinton Lighthouse (or 421 E. Perry St.) into your GPS or digital map.
- WANT TO BE A KEEPER OF THE PORT CLINTON LIGHTHOUSE? Click here for a membership form. Why not join the Keepers of the Port Clinton Lighthouse and get periodic updates, early notice of openings, special deals, and, most importantly, tangibly demonstrate your support? Become a Keeper of the Port Clinton Lighthouse! Your friends and neighbors have! Click here to see a current list of Keepers.
- If you are visiting Port Clinton and want your Lighthouse Passport stamped, the Port Clinton Chamber of Commerce, located on Madison St., will be able to stamp it for you Monday through Friday. In addition, Lilly & Gert’s, located on 2nd St. across from the Post Office, will have a stamp, and they’ll be available during the weekend as well as during the week. Be certain to visit these two fine businesses and other merchants in downtown Port Clinton. If you are an ardent Lighthouse Passport with compulsive desires for collection, you can always send us a request for a lighthouse stamp by including a self-addressed stamped envelope.