You can always visit the lighthouse but we ARE OPEN for tours any Saturday from noon until 5PM and Sundays from 1PM until 4PM. You can always send us a message if you have questions. We are far more assiduous responding to messages than updating this website………….
- What is going on at the Lighthouse now — The Lighthouse has just received a new coat of paint on the exterior, paved pathways connecting the Lighthouse, Boathouse, and main parking areas are being constructed, and other landscaping features at the north end of the area are being completed. The wetland abatement/improvement project has significantly impacted our progress but the overall result will be very positive. Thank you for your support as these enhancements could not be done without YOU.
- 2019 Port Clinton Lighthouse & Maritime Festival
The Port Clinton Lighthouse & Maritime Festival was established to celebrate Port Clinton’s rich maritime heritage, as exemplified by the beautifully restored Port Clinton Lighthouse, the last remaining wooden pier light on Lake Erie. The one-day festival features lighthouse tours, nautically themed art and educational programs, food and merchandise vendors, music and other entertainment, and stunning views of the Lake Erie Islands.
Big changes are in store for this year’s festival. The day of the event has been changed from the first to the third Saturday in August—this year, August 17th. This date was not selected at random. The third weekend in August is International Lighthouse and Lightship Weekend (ILLW) and is celebrated by lighthouses and amateur radio enthusiasts throughout the world. But more than that, we plan to have more vendors, more activities, and bigger crowds than ever before. By the way, the name of the event—The Port Clinton Lighthouse & Maritime Festival—now more accurately reflects our intent to make this an event that truly captures Port Clinton’s intimate relationship with the lake and river.
The festival will again be held in Lighthouse Park, east of Waterworks Park, to which we have added a replica Keeper’s Boathouse, as well as landscaping improvements. We expect this structure, complete with rowing tender and historical placards, will be a big draw this year.
If you are interested in being a vendor for the 2019 Lighthouse Festival, click here.
- I WANT TO BE A KEEPER OF THE PORT CLINTON LIGHTHOUSE, Click here for a membership form. Why not join the Keepers of the Port Clinton Lighthouse and get periodic updates, early notice of openings, special “deals”, and, most importantly, tangibly demonstrate your support by becoming a Keeper of the Port Clinton Lighthouse. Your friends and neighbors have. Click here to see a list of Keepers to date.
- If you are visiting Port Clinton and want your Lighthouse Passport stamped, the Port Clinton Chamber of Commerce, located on Madison St., will be able to stamp it for you Monday through Friday. In addition, Lily & Gert’s, located on 2nd St. across from the Post Office, will have a stamp and they are available during the weekend as well as during the week. Visit Lily & Gert’s and other merchants in downtown Port Clinton.
- THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Click here to see the list. Our gratitude, many times
End of a Perfect Day
Photo by Jordan Davenport
Also, Check out this video — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQGFK2NLjg